The Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation (Marshallplan-Jubiläumsstiftung, Walcherstasse 11A, 1020 Vienna, Austria, email@example.com - “the Foundation”) is particularly concerned with properly safekeeping your personal data. Therefore, we strictly adhere to legal requirements when collecting and processing personal data; this specifically includes the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as well as the telecommunications law.
This privacy statement informs you how the Foundation collects and uses your personal data.
What are Personal Data?
Personal data are comprised of information on individuals (natural persons), whose identity is determined or can be determined. Examples include e.g. your name, mailing address, e-mail address, IP address or phone number.
Purpose of Processing Personal Data
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- Performing our duties as prescribed in the founding document
- Administration of active and former fellows and scholars, as well as executing precontractual measures for fellows and scholars
- Invitations to and handling of events
- Organization and handling of informational and educational events (including the distribution of invitations, the creation of photographs during events, and the administration of attendance lists and protocols)
- Organization and handling of meetings, including the creation of invitations, meeting protocols, and attendance list
- Information and advice in all areas concerning the Marshall Plan Scholarship Program
- Distribution of our newsletter, as well as information materials and publications
- Administration of previous donations
- Fundraising, acquisition of new donors and recovery of previous donors
- Administration of current and previous donors
- Fundraising to meet the Foundation’s goals as prescribed in the founding document
- General advertising to meet the Foundations goals as prescribed in the founding document
- Administration of advertising for and handling of events
- Administration of contacts at institutions of higher learning and research institutes and at other cooperation partners
- Administration of current and previous service providers
Processed Data Categories
We process the following personal data:
- Master data
- Bank details and account data
- Contact data
- Educational data
- Social security data (only within a legal obligation to do so, e.g. for accounting purposes to comply with social insurance agencies)
- Correspondence language
- Communications history
- Demand-related behavior
- Pseudo-anonymized profiles
Legal Basis of Data Processing
We process data based on:
- Fulfilling legal requirements applying to us, specifically Article 6, 1 (c) of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Our legitimate interests as prescribed in Article 6, 1 (f) of the GDPR, consisting of efficiently administrating our fellow- and scholarships, the solicitation of donations and sponsors, as well as the organization of events, internal and external communications, including public relations.
- Contractual performance or implementation of precontractual measures (Article 6, 1 (b) GDPR)
- Your consent to the processing of your data (Article 6, 1 (a) or Article 9, 2 (a) GDPR)
Communication of Personal Data
For the purposes listed above, we will transmit your personal data the following recipients:
- IT service providers contracted by us
- Service providers and agencies contracted by us to reach our organizational goal
- Institutions of higher learning and research institutes
- Courts and administrative authorities
- Public corporations in fulfilment of their duties (e.g. social insurance agencies)
- Financial institutions processing payment transactions
- Members of the legal community and other consultants (e.g. attorneys, notary publics, chartered accountants)
Your personal data will be stored by us only as long as necessary to reach the before mentioned objectives and in accordance with applicable law. In any case, we will save your personal data according to retention periods prescribed by law or in accordance with limitation periods of potential legal claims that have not yet expired.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
Under current law, you are entitled, amongst other things, to (i) review if and what kind of your personal data we store and receive a copy of those data, (ii) to request an amendment, correction, or the deletion of your personal data should they be incorrect or if they have not been processed in accordance with applicable law (iii) to request to limit our processing of your personal data, (iv) under certain circumstances to object to the processing of your personal data or to withdraw your previously given consent to processing, (v) to know the identity of third parties to whom your data are being transmitted and (vii) to complain to the competent supervisory authority.
Should you require information, have a request for correction or wish to delete your personal data, you can do so by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to proof your identity, please either send a digitally signed request or attach a scan of your photo ID to your request. Please also indicate when and in what function you were connected with us, so we can properly gauge the scope and content of your request.
We specifically point out that your right to deletion of data is limited by legal retention requirements.
Contact data of the Austrian supervisory authority:
Phone: +43 1 52 152-0
Based on your consent to receive our newsletter, we will use your voluntarily provided personal data (name, e-Mail address) for sending newsletters, invitations to our events, seasonal greetings, publications and other informational material regarding events connected to the Foundation via e-mail. You can withdraw your consent at any time (e.g. via an e-mail to email@example.com).
What Data Do We Collect, Process and Use from Visitors and Users of our Website?
Usage of our website www.marshallplan.at is generally possible without disclosure of personal data. Any collection of personal data (e.g. name, address or e-mail address) that might occur is always voluntary. These data will not be shared with third parties without your explicit consent, except in cases where we are legally required to do so. In addition, these data are only used for their stated purpose. Any consent given to that effect can be revoked at any time and without giving a reason.
The hosting provider of our website automatically collects information in so-called server log files, which are transmitted automatically by your browser.
Browser type, operating system, referrer URL, host name of the computer making the request, time of request. These data are not assignable to individual persons. The data are not being merged with other data sources.
Last updated: May 2018