News & Events
Deadline Extended: Call for Abstracts: ARIT Poster Session
**Deadline Extended until May 21, 2023 - accepting seven more applications on a first come, first served - basis**
Call for Poster Abstracts:
ARIT Poster Session and Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation Poster Awards
We cordially invite you to submit an abstract for consideration at the ARIT Poster Session 2023. The posters will feature as part of the Austrian Research and Innovation Talk (ARIT) in Los Angeles on Saturday, October 7, 2023.
The Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation, the Austrian Science Fund (FWF), the Austrian Federal Ministry of Education, Science and Research (BMBWF), and the Austrian Scientists and Scholars in North America (ASciNA) Network are collaborating to organize the ARIT Poster Session 2023.
Call Details & Submission
Austrian researchers, scientists, scholars, students, and innovators (eligible are graduate students or postdocs up to five years after finishing their PhD-thesis) conducting research in North America are encouraged to submit their abstracts for high-quality posters from all scientific or scholarly fields for evaluation. You may submit works-in-progress or works that you have presented or published elsewhere within the past 12 months.
Abstracts are limited to a maximum of 500 words, excluding references and disclosures. Please reference author(s), affiliation(s), purpose/objective(s), methods/components, outcomes/stage of development, and conclusions/implications.
Deadline for submission is April 14, 2023, 11:59pm CEST.
Please note that we accept submissions exclusively via
Evaluation criteria for abstracts are scientific quality, significance to the respective scientific field, as well as structure and clarity of the presented research. An expert selection committee of the FWF will select up to 20 abstracts that best fulfil these criteria.
In June 2023, we may contact authors regarding the selection of their submission and send them the required criteria for their poster presentations. We expect them to present their poster during the ARIT Poster Session in Los Angeles in person to be eligible for consideration for the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation Poster Awards.
BMBWF Travel Grants
Authors of the up to 20 successful submissions are eligible to apply for a travel grant of USD 500 provided by the BMBWF. The selected submissions will receive a form requesting their bank details.
The following requirements apply to receiving a travel grant:
- their journey starts from the USA/Canada/Mexico
- they are at least 80 miles from the event location
- they are working/studying in the USA/Canada/Mexico and are an Austrian citizen or lived in Austria for three years prior to their current position
- they will physically take part in ARIT
Further conditions apply to receiving a travel grant:
- the disbursement of travel grants will be made according to the available funds
- costs that exceed the travel grant allowance must be borne by the participant themselves
- there is no legal entitlement to receive a travel grant
- exceptions to these funding regulations cannot be granted
- the ARIT organizers reserve the right to make any changes including to the format if public health guidelines or force majeure make an in person ARIT event impossible
For questions regarding the travel grant, please contact:
The author of one of the selected posters showcased at ARIT agrees to...
- present their poster during ARIT 2023 as part of the ARIT 2023 Poster Session;
- grant permission to the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation, FWF, BMBWF, ASciNA, and ARIT collaboration partners to reproduce their name, information describing their poster, and any other information they have provided for the purpose of display, promotion, and publicity either now or in the future.
Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation Poster Awards
The Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation is sponsoring three awards to honor posters from all scientific fields presented during the ARIT 2023 Poster Session:
Prizes awarded amount to
for the winner and runners-up, respectively.
As part of ARIT 2023, an independent jury/panel of experts of Austrian academic leaders, the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation, FWF, ASciNA, and members of the ARIT audience will review the presented posters and select the three winners based on
- scientific quality
- significance to the respective scientific field
- structure and clarity of the presented poster
The organizers of the ARIT Poster Session will announce the three winners of the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation Poster Awards during the event.
Rules and regulations are subject to change by the organizers of the ARIT Poster Session and the Austrian Marshall Plan Foundation Poster Award.
Organized In cooperation with: